Join the Glow family!
We are looking to build a hardworking team of passionate individuals to create a magical Christmas experience at this year’s Glow langley. We are looking for enthusiastic, team players to be a part of our seasonal holiday event.
As Event Staff, you will play a key role in this family fun experience. You will work under the instructions of a Zone Supervisor, assuming the roles and duties of that particular event zone. Some examples of the zone roles that need to be filled are:
- Box office supervisor and staff
- Swag bag supervisor and attendants
- Event characters: Santa, pirates, elves, princesses and more!
- Traffic control supervisor and personnel
Box office supervisor:
- Be the lead person in the box office, training the other staff on using the scanners and managing the troubleshooting and damage control when needed.
- Manage the box office staff’s breaks and settle any issues that come up between staff.
- Must be fairly proficient with electronics and very customer service oriented.
Swag bag supervisor:
- Take point in all things swag bags. Instruct the other staff on how to build them and hand them out.
- Keep vehicles moving through smoothly and efficiently.
- Take care of staff breaks and resolve any issues that arise among the swag bag staff.
- Be in charge of managing stock levels of swag bag items and alerting the appropriate people when they are getting low.
Traffic control supervisor:
- Be in charge of directing traffic and instructing the other traffic attendants about where they should be and what they should be doing and watching out for.
- Clear radio communication is essential in this role.
- Manage breaks and deal with any issues that arise among the traffic control staff.
- Must have a basic knowledge of vehicles and solve simple issues (I.e., Dead battery, overheating).
- Must be able to problem solve quickly and keep things running efficiently.
Characters (Elves, Pirates, Princesses, Santa, and more!):
- Be willing to play your role well, getting into the character and having fun with it.
- Interact with the guests, especially the kids, and give them a show they won’t soon forget!
- Characters require an early arrival to get makeup and/or costume on.
Traffic control personnel:
- Help direct traffic and keep things moving smoothly through the show.
- Clear radio communication is a must in this role-the rest of the team needs to know who is where all the time.
Box office staff:
- Help scan guests’ tickets and communicate what extras they should be receiving to the swag bag staff.
- Requires efficiency and technological knowledge.
- Quickly help people through to keep the line moving and if someone needs extra time directing them to pull off to the side.
- Customer service is of highest priority.
Swag bag attendants:
- Help build and hand out swag bags to every guest that drives through.
- Must be able to move quickly and handle a quick pace.
- Must be willing to work in various roles within the swag bag area:
- Popcorn making, Donut collecting, Bag assembly, Handing out the bags to guests.
If you feel you want to be part of this GLOWing experience, contact us!